Pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit after the death of a loved one can take a considerable amount of time to resolve.
In the meantime, your family may be struggling to pay existing bills, all the while trying to handle the unexpected onslaught of new expenses.
The at-fault party’s insurance understands your hardships all too well, which is why they might offer you less than your case is worth.
Their goal is to pay your family the least amount of money possible. However, there is another option to consider—wrongful death lawsuit loans from Injury Wallet.
What Are Wrongful Death Lawsuit Loans?
Lawsuit loans are a type of pre-settlement funding available to plaintiffs in many types of litigation matters, including a wrongful death lawsuit.
It allows your attorney to continue pursuing your case while giving your family some financial reprieve. A lawsuit loan will allow you to pay necessary living expenses and other bills while litigation is pending.
Your attorney can fight for the maximum compensation possible rather than let the insurance company try to take advantage of your grieving family.
If you are interested in learning more about pre-settlement funding, you might be wondering which company is the best and who offers the lowest rates. Not all lawsuit loan companies are alike.
However, finding the right wrongful death lawsuit settlement loan company doesn’t have to be challenging.
At Injury Wallet, we help you cut through the noise and find the company that will offer you the best service and rates. We are not a lawsuit loan company, but we work with the best ones in the industry.
How Lawsuit Settlement Loans Work
You’ll start by filling out an application over the phone or through an online form. The lawsuit loan company will then speak with your attorney to learn more about your case.
If they deem your case a good fit, you could receive cash in hand within 24 to 48 hours of approval.
Wrongful death lawsuit loans differ from traditional loans in many ways. Lawsuit loan companies do not rely on your income or creditworthiness to determine whether you qualify.
Instead, the collateral is the potential value of your wrongful death lawsuit. This type of pre-settlement funding doesn’t use a standard repayment process with monthly payments like other loans.
If you lose your case and receive no settlement or jury award, you won’t need to pay back your lawsuit loan. That is one reason the lawsuit loan company needs to speak with your attorney.
If your attorney successfully settles your case or receives a favorable jury award, your loan and specified interest will be paid out from that amount.
Do Lawsuit Loan Companies Ever Deny Applications?
Unfortunately, there is always a risk that your case won’t qualify. Some of the most common reasons for denials include the following:
- Your case is too new, and there is not enough information to make a funding decision. Consider an example where a family member died in a car accident two weeks ago. This is a new case, and the police report is not even available yet, let alone other documentation.
- You have not hired an attorney yet. You must have a personal injury lawyer representing your interests. Otherwise, the funding company will deny your application.
- Your state does not allow for lawsuit loans. Different states have their own rules and regulations that apply to pre-settlement funding. Your application could be denied if the funding company does not operate in your state.
- You have already reached the limit for available funding. If you already applied for other pre-settlement funding, the funding company might decide you have reached the maximum financial assistance based on the specifics of your case.
- Your case has liability concerns. Lawsuit funding companies are not likely to approve cases if there’s not a good chance of financial recovery.
Before you decide your case isn’t a good fit for a wrongful death lawsuit settlement loan, let Injury Wallet help. Because there is no inquiry on your credit report, applying for pre-settlement funding is low-risk.
How Injury Wallet Can Assist with Wrongful Death Lawsuit Loans
Are you interested in learning more about wrongful death lawsuit loans but unsure where to start? Injury Wallet is here to help. We can help you choose the best funding options for a wrongful death lawsuit.
Rather than you having to shop around and compare options, Injury Wallet will provide you with the best funding option. Start by filling out our questionnaire, and we will handle the rest.
We will bring your case to dozens of the top pre-settlement funding companies all across the country who can fund your case at the lowest rate possible.
Once we’ve matched you with the best wrongful death lawsuit loan company, you can decide whether to move forward. Applying for a lawsuit loan is straightforward.
Contact Injury Wallet today, so we can find the best match for your wrongful death lawsuit loan.